Sharjah Prevention and Safety Authority (SPSA) was established in 2014, in consonance with the Amiri Decree No. 55 of 2014 issued by HIS HIGHNESS SHEIKH DR.SULTAN BIN MOHAMMED ALQASIMI, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah. In 2015, Law No. (8) was issued concerning the Regulation of Objectives, Mandate and Competencies of SPSA under which the mandate and competencies of SPSA include proposing the general controls and conditions necessary for the prevention of accidents and any risks to which establishments or their employees may be exposed, in addition to proposing controls and conditions for inspection of establishments and updating them periodically.
SPSA is also responsible for preparing the necessary technical and human cadres in cooperation and coordination with the responsible authorities for operating and managing the risk prevention and management systems. SPSA’s abilities and functions also include assisting the governmental entities in taking immediate procedures and measures necessary to prevent any compromises in prevention of accidents and risks, coordinating with the competent authorities in case of accidents that may jeopardize the public safety and cooperate with such authorities in reducing the negative or harmful impacts that may result from accidents in accordance with the approved controls measures.
SPSA is entitled to utilize the general controls and conditions for prevention and safety approved in the UAE, it is also concerned with developing and approving special training programs on prevention and safety, to raise the capabilities of the concerned people, by preparing, developing and implementing awareness programs related to occupational prevention, safety and health.
Enhance the quality of life in the emirate by applying the highest internationally recognized standards of prevention and safety to ensure the protection and safety of individuals and properties.
Happiness and Positive Energy,
Creativity and Innovation, Quality, Initiative,
Leadership and teamwork
- Cooperation and coordination with government and private agencies concerned with prevention, inspection and safety In order to protect society and ensure its safety.
- Contribute to the prevention of accidents and the protection of life and property for public safety.
- To develop awareness among the members of society about the ways of prevention, its importance and its impact on public safety.
- Application of the highest standards of safety, safety and quality approved globall.
- Provide the necessary administrative support to the Chairman of SPSA.
- Follow up on the implementation of the instructions and decisions issued by the Chairman of SPSA.
- Follow up on the implementation of the directives provided by the Chairman of SPSA to other departments to carry out the work assigned to them.
- Study and follow up the legal matters related to SPSA’s activity, in coordination with the concerned departments.
- Manage the work of the General Archive of SPSA.
- Raise SPSA’s readiness level to manage the business continuity system.
- Provide the necessary administrative support to the Business Continuity Committee in the Emirate and supervise the achievement of its objectives.
- Plan, develop and train SPSA’s human resources.
- Manage SPSA's financial resources, prepare its own annual budget in line with the SPSA’s strategic plans and objectives, and verify the optimal disbursement of financial resources.
- Carry out all contract and procurement procedures related to SPSA in accordance with the Unified Financial System.
- Secure the necessary means of supply to perform work duties.
- Manage and develop SPSA’s network infrastructure and provide the necessary technical support to employees.
- Manage and operate the server systems, storage devices and local network.
- Prepare and organize events and conferences that would serve SPSA’s strategic objectives.
- Issue publications and procedural manuals related to prevention and safety requirements.
- Create and develop digital media.
- Establish partnerships and coordinate with the competent establishments with the aim of joint cooperation.
- Hold specialized seminars and participate in conferences in the field of prevention and safety.
- Receive inquiries and complaints from customers and refer them to the concerned persons.
- Develop the technical documents, guidelines, manuals and periodic publications related to occupational safety and health.
- Monitor compliance with the requirements of the Sharjah OSH System.
- Provide information to entities about the mechanism of compliance with the requirements of the Sharjah OSH System.
- Collect and analyze incidents data and proposing radical solutions to ensure that they do not recur.
- Supervise the early warning system project, 24/7 Aman.
- Develop specialized training programs on prevention and safety for all segments of society.
- Supervise the evaluation and licensing of occupational safety and health institutes in the Emirate.
- Formulate and develop SPSA's strategy and evaluate the performance indicators.
- Achieve greater customer satisfaction through the application of the quality system.
- Strengthen partnerships with companies, government, and private sectors to fulfil and keep pace with the requirements of industrial and digital development in the UAE.
- Promote the culture of government excellence and excellent service to customers and qualify SPSA to participate in awards.
- Implement and supervise the implementation of SPSA's projects in innovative ways.
- Prepare statistics by collecting, classifying and analyzing data and send such statistics to the decision makers.