Sheikh Khalid bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Chairman of Sharjah Prevention and Safety Authority, said that the emirate has become a hope for investors and residents from all over the world because of its success in promoting safety and safety, environment and child friendship, protecting the family and women, and making it the cultural capital of the world. Arab Capital 1998, Capital of Islamic Culture 2014, Capital of Arab Tourism for 2015, Capital of Arab Journalism for 2016, and most recently the World Book Capital of 2019.
He said in an interview with «Gulf», the role of the Authority is complementary to all this; to improve the quality of life in the Emirate in the area of preventive safety, and anticipate the event, and remove its causes before it occurs; to ensure the safety of lives and property in the Emirate of Sharjah.
The following is the text of the dialogue:
* Decree Law No. 8 of 2015 defines the objectives, powers and competencies of the Sharjah Safety and Prevention Authority.
- Based on the vision and decree of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, the Authority was created to improve the quality of life in the Emirate in terms of preventive safety, to pre-empt the event. To harm society, and avoid it.
Alhamdulillah, under the directives of His Highness the Ruler of Sharjah, has expanded the functions of the Authority, and included many awareness areas;
* Within the objectives of the Authority to establish a unified electronic database at the level of the emirate, and to ensure its application by the government agencies concerned, has it really happened?
- We are currently working on this project, in coordination with the Department of Government Relations in Sharjah, headed by Sheikh Fahim bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Chairman of the Higher Committee for Digital Transformation, and in coordination with the Department of Statistics and Community Development, the Department of Planning and Survey, the Electricity and Water Authority, the Department of Economic Development, and the Ministry of Human Resources. And localization, we have an integrated network of information, from the owners of the facilities and statistics of employees and educational levels of workers or engineers or holders of master's or other degrees, and be the database.
The construction of the electronic database takes time. It cannot be processed overnight, and thanks to God we started working on it, and we will continue until it is completed. The importance of the data lies in the accuracy of its information on everything that exists in the Emirate in terms of owners, population and demography. We can plan any work successfully and tidily, according to priorities based on information.
For example, with this information we may discover that some areas are old buildings, and the apartments in which most of them are workers' accommodation, and may be an area that is not fully serviced, and awareness about the safety of the residents of the few, and here based on this information we will put this area among the priorities of the plan of action, and we will accomplish Maximum electronic database within two years, God willing.
Preparation of competencies
[Asharq Al-Awsat] How have you contributed to the preparation of the necessary technical and human competencies? Has the Commission developed training programs on prevention and safety to raise the capacity of stakeholders?
- The Institute of Preventive Training «Institute of Safety», which we launched and launched in early April, deals with the training of community groups in the prevention and safety systems in general, such as employees and factory workers, according to the degrees of risk, the degree of risk in some factories is high, contrary to the degree in For example, we target 10 to 20% of workers in factories, construction companies and companies in general to train them on occupational health and safety systems and to combat risks of all kinds, such as fire inside the workplace.We teach them this in a comprehensive training program, which takes three hours. The worker or employee gets out of it Recognize the risks and deal with emergency procedures in the event of an accident, without loss of life, due to lack of knowledge.
In our plan, we aim to train about 5,000 workers from high-risk companies, as well as guards of residential and commercial buildings.
* Has the Authority prepared or implemented awareness programs related to occupational safety and health?
Awareness is one of the most important roles of the Authority. The Institute has launched several initiatives, including: Professional Diploma for the preparation of trainers in health and safety, which targets government employees; to work on their training and preparation as trainers accredited by the Authority; where will be offered about 500 training courses provided by health and safety trainers, and will target courses Various government and private entities in the emirate.
Prevention is one of the most important initiatives undertaken by the Authority through the Institute, which aims to train different parts of the central and eastern regions on the topics: health, safety and risk management, and government communication management, which provides continuous awareness throughout the year, to housewives Workers, staff and school students.
We also launched the “Medic in Every Department” initiative, a program in which every government agency nominates an employee and provides them with a first aid training course. After completion, all those who underwent training receive a two-year paramedic license, accredited by the American Heart Association, in cooperation. With the National Ambulance, the goal is that this employee can help the patient or the injured in the event of an accident or fire at the workplace, until the ambulance arrives, and we have selected an employee from each side.
#Sheikh_Khalid_bin_Saqr_AlQasimi #SPSA_Chairman #SPSA #Sharjah